Gluten Free Cranberry Biscotti
This Gluten Free Cranberry Biscotti is healthy and easy to make, because the batter is poured into the pan.
Laden with toasted
sunflower and pumpkin seeds and tart cranberries, these biscotti make for a healthy
finish to nice meal. They also makes a
sturdy packable snack, perfect for trips were finding gluten free treats can be
The resulting biscotti will be medium-firm and
crunchy. For a softer, chewier version, bake for only 10 minutes on the second
bake. For a very firm biscotti, bake for
This recipe can be doubled and spooned into a 9x13
inch pan, or two 5 ½ x 12 inch biscotti pans. If using the larger pan, increase
first bake time by 4-5 minutes.
To help you make it I have included some helpful
- To toast pumpkin and sunflower seeds spread, evenly on a
baking sheet. Toast in preheated oven for about 8-10 minutes. For more on
Toasting Nuts Click Here
- Always make sure your work surfaces, utensils, pans and
tools are free of gluten. Always read product labels. Manufacturers can change
product formulations without notice. When in doubt, do not buy or use a product
before contacting the manufacturer for verification that the product is free of
- If using the 5 ½ x 12 biscotti pan to bake your gluten free cranberry biscotti, you can easily line with parchment paper, which will make it easy to pull from pan after first bake (see photo)
Gluten Free Cranberry Biscotti Recipe
- 3/4 cup amaranth flour
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 3 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot starch OR cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 dried
- 1/3 cup green pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 1/3 cup unsalted raw sunflower seeds, toasted
- Butter an 8x8 inch baking pan or a 5 ½ x12
biscotti pan and set aside.
- Place one of your oven racks in the middle of the
oven and preheat to 325°F.
- In a medium bowl combine the flours, tapioca
starch, cornstarch, xanthan gum, baking powder and salt, using a whisk thoroughly
mix and set aside.
- In separate mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla
until blended, using an electric mixer or large whisk.
- Add dry ingredients to eggs and sugar and mix
until just until combined.
- Fold in the cranberries, pumpkin and sunflower
- Pour in prepared baking dish, smooth top with
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 30-35
minutes, until just starting to turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes, then
remove from pan and cool and additional 5 minutes.
- Place on cutting board. Using a sharp knife to divide the biscotti
into 4 equal pieces and then cut each piece into 6 even slices.
- OR is using biscotti pan, remove from pan and
place on cutting board. Cut into ½ inch
- Place biscotti slices upright on a baking sheet
and bake an additional 15 minutes, or until crisp.
- Remove from oven and place on cooling rack, cool
- Store in an airtight container, to maintain
Questions or Comments?
Like a recipe or something you read? LET US KNOW!
Have a Question don't be shy, ASK US!