Almond Pistachio Biscotti
If you like
nuts and chocolate you're sure to love these Almond Pistachio Biscotti.
This recipe calls for toasting the almonds and there's no reason why you can't toast the pistachios as well.
Be sure to check and stir the nuts frequently to ensure an even
toasting. Always cool the nuts before chopping them. Nuts have a great deal of
oil that is brought to surface by heat, so the oil must be allowed to reabsorb, or the nuts may become greasy while chopping.
This recipe calls for almond paste, which is made
of blanched ground almonds, sugar, glycerin, or another liquid. If you don’t have any almond paste or prefer
to make your own Click Here for a recipe.
Nuts and chocolate! Chocolate and nuts! These
cookies will just melt in your mouth!
ALMOND PISTACHIO BISCOTTI Recipe
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup almond paste
- 3 tablespoons cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup whole almonds
- 1 cup shelled pistachios
- 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 large whole eggs & 1 large egg yolk, at room
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread the almonds on a baking
sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted.
- Prepare the baking sheet by spraying with a vegetable
cooking spray or lining with parchment paper.
- Place flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in your food
processor bowl. Cover and pulse until blended. Add almond paste and butter.
Cover and pulse until mixture forms coarse crumbs.
- Turn mixture into mixing bowl and add almonds,
pistachios and chocolate.
- Beat together the whole eggs and egg yolk with a fork.
Remove 2 teaspoons and set aside for an egg wash.
- Make a well in the flour mixture. Add the remaining eggs
and vanilla, then stir until mixture holds together. With floured hands, shape
dough into two, 12 inch long logs. Place the logs 4 inches apart on prepared baking
sheet. Flatten each log to a width of 2 ½ inches. Lightly brush logs with
reserved egg wash.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the logs start to
brown. No imprint should remain when pressing the biscotti lightly with your finger. Cool on a baking
sheet placed on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
transfer logs to a cutting surface. Cut logs on the diagonal into
- Place biscotti standing up 1/2 inch apart on two
ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes more or until biscotti are
dry and the sides begin to brown slightly.
- Remove from oven and cool biscotti on baking
sheets for 5 minutes. Transfer to wire racks and cool completely.
- Store biscotti in an airtight container in a cool,
Questions or Comments?
Like a recipe or something you read? LET US KNOW!
Have a Question don't be shy, ASK US!
Return from Almond Pistachio Biscotti to: