Pineapple Macadamia Biscotti
Go Hawaii! These Pineapple Macadamia Biscotti will remind
you of warm sand and cool water. Serve
them with a spiced ice tea on a hot afternoon and you will be transported to
My Grandparents use to go to Hawaii every year of their
early retirement, and even though they NEVER offered to take me, I still enjoyed
their visits, because they would always bring back jars of Macadamia nuts
Macadamia nuts are loved by many for their buttery taste and
crisp, light texture. What you may not know is that macadamias have a lot more
going for them than their deliciousness; these nuts are loaded with healthy
Macadamia nuts are loaded with vitamins like vitamin E,
thiamine (B1), riboflavin (B2), niacin, pantothenic acid (B5) and folate, and
minerals such as potassium, phosphorus, magnesium and calcium. Hence, the nuts
promote healthy bone and teeth formation; as well regulate the body's fluid
balance and immune system. Also they enhance our nervous system and promote
But who really cares, even if they weren’t good for us we
would still love them.
Pineapple Macadamia Biscotti Recipe
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoons lemon extract
- 3 3/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried diced pineapple
- 2 cups raw macadamia nuts.
- Place one of your oven racks in the center of your oven and
preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place nuts on baking sheet, place in oven and bake for 12-15
minutes, until nut meat turns golden brown.
Watch carefully so that they don’t burn.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicon baking
mat and set aside.
- Beat eggs, sugar and vanilla extract until smooth.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder,
baking soda and salt until well blended.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and mix until just
blended. Add pineapple and macadamia nut
and mix until incorporated.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and knead briefly, just
until the dough comes together. This
will be a sticky batter, if you have trouble handling, place in refrigerator
for 30 minutes.
- Divide dough in three equal pieces, role each into a log 12-14inches long. Place on prepared baking sheet and flatten to
about ¾ inches thick, keeping about 3 inches apart.
- Place pan in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until
- Remove from oven and let cool on cookie sheet for 10 minutes
or until cool enough to handle. Reduce
oven temperature to 300 degrees F.
- Move logs to cutting board and slice on diagonal about ½
inch thick with serrated knife.
- Place slices back on the baking sheet, standing each slice
up on bottom
- Return to oven and bake for 25-30 minutes. Watching so they don't over brown.
- Remove from oven and transfer to cooling rack, cool
- Store in airtight container, to preserve freshness.
Questions or Comments?
Like a recipe or something you read? LET US KNOW!
Have a Question don't be shy, ASK US!
Return from Pineapple Macadamia Biscotti to
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.