Chocolate Dipped Orange Biscotti
This Chocolate Dipped Orange Biscotti
recipe is a delightful combination of chocolate and orange brought on with
fresh orange zest. So keep some on hand
for when friends drop by, I'm sure they will be delighted.
can keep them crispy and delicious for several days on a plate at room
If you need to store them for longer
periods, up to 2 to 3 weeks, just put your biscotti in a tightly sealed
container and keep them at room temperature.
This recipe for Chocolate Dipped Orange
Biscotti calls fresh orange zest, so you'll want to make sure you have a
durable Microplane Zester on hand.
When zesting your orange, be sure to remove
only the orange part of the skin. You want try and not get any of the white
pith that lies directly beneath the skin because it's too bitter.
For tips on how to make Biscotti using your KitcheAid mixer click here
Chocolate Dipped Orange Biscotti Recipe
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon of zested orange peel, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla.
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 4 oz of semisweet chocolate, melted
- Position one of your oven racks in the center of your
oven. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
or a nonstick baking liner and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder,
baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat the sugar, vegetable oil, 1
tablespoon of grated orange peel, vanilla and eggs.
- By hand, stir the flour mixture in the wet mix.
- After mixing, scrape the dough out onto a lightly
floured work surface and BRIEFLY knead it just until it comes together and the
divide it in half. Shape half of dough at a time into a rectangle, 10 by 3
inches and carefully transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet on the center rack of your oven
and bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes
- Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 15 minutes.
- Cut crosswise into half-inch slices.
- Place the slices, cut side down, on cookie sheet. Bake
for 15 minutes, turning once, until crisp and light brown.
- Immediately remove from cookie sheet. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Melt chocolate for dipping. Dip one end of each cookie
into melted chocolate.
- Sprinkle with orange zest (if desired) and place on
waxed paper until the chocolate is firm.
Questions or Comments?
Like a recipe or something you read? LET US KNOW!
Have a Question don't be shy, ASK US!
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.