This basic biscotti recipe takes kindly to changes in flavoring with the addition of nuts or dried fruits like ginger, dates, or cranberries.
If you start with this easy recipe, you will find making biscotti to be less intimidating and the whole process will become more familiar to you.
The dough in this recipe is easy to make because it has few ingredients. It is also easy to shape because it avoids adding so much "stuff" that it becomes difficult. Many recipes call for 2-3 additions of nuts, dried fruit, chocolate chunks, and so forth.
After you bake the basic biscotti, go ahead and pour yourself a cup of coffee, your favorite tea, or glass of wine. Sit back and get comfortable because you've earned it. Enjoy browsing through the collection of biscotti recipes here at "Everything-Biscotti". You'll have fun trying and sharing these recipes with family and friends and soon everyone will be amazed at your biscotti baking skills.
BASIC BISCOTTI Recipe
- 4 oz blanched almonds
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 eggs
- Place one oven rack in the middle of your oven and preheat
oven to 350°F .
- Spread almonds on a baking sheet, place in oven and toast
until lightly golden. Let cool and
- Prepare baking sheet by buttering or lining with parchment
paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl,
whisk together flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda.
- Make a well in the middle of the flour, whip and add the eggs, then blend into the flour mix.
Add the chopped almonds and mix to obtain a firm dough.
- Turn out onto a
floured surface and knead briefly.
- Divide the dough in half. On a floured work surface, using hands, roll each piece into a cylinder 15-inches long and about 1-1/2-inches in
- Place rolls, well
separated, on to the baking sheet and flatten a bit.
- Place into oven and bake 15-20 minutes until very lightly
browned and firm to the touch.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes, then with a
spatula carefully transfer rolls to a cutting board and slice each one
diagonally into cookies about 1/2-inch thick.
- Place biscotti back on the baking sheet on their bottom. Return
to oven and bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until very firm and crisp.
- Remove from oven and transfer to racks to cool.
- When completely cooled, place in air tight container to
Questions or Comments?
Like a recipe or something you read? LET US KNOW!
Have a Question don't be shy, ASK US!