These Dried Cherry Biscotti are delight. Combining a sweet almond meal dough with a tart cherry bite.
Unlike many crumbly cookies, these biscotti are sturdy enough to mail. For a holiday gift, send a batch along with a pound of your favorite coffee beans.
Dried cherries come in different types
Dried tart cherries (sweetened) which are a sweet, tart, and flavorful treat that is great for snacking, cooking, and baking. These are usually tart Montmorency cherries are rich in antioxidants and nutrients that support heart health and reduce inflammation.
These are the one I choose to put in my Cherry Biscotti!
Dried tart cherries (unsweetened) are packed with a bold sour flavor that will leave you wanting more.
Dried Bing cherries, naturally sweet and like a bright taste of summer in a chewy morsel!
Rainier Cherries are sure to put a smile on your face. Not too sweet and not too tart. Great for baking, in hot cereal, or just to eat.
Cherries can be found dried, freeze dried and in organic varieties. They all have health benifts
In addition to being rich in potassium, vitamin C, and B complex, research has shown that cherry consumption can help the body prevent heart disease and cancer, as well as provide pain relief and improved bone health. These health benefits are possible due to the antioxidants found in cherries, the most vital of which are the flavonoids anthocyanins and quercetin, and the phenolic acid amygdalin.
So eat up, they not only taste great, dried cherries are good for your body!
7. Place into oven and bake for about 25 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
8. Remove from oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet, resting on a cooling rack for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
9. Move logs to a cutting board, cut the logs on the diagonal into half-inch thick pieces.
10. Return to baking sheet, placing on one side.
11. Return to the oven and bake for 10-12 minute, turning over halfway through the bake.
12. Remove from oven and place biscotti on a cooling rack and cool completely.
13. Store in air tight container to maintain freshness.
Like a recipe or something you read? LET US KNOW!
Have a Question don't be shy, ASK US!
Jan 12, 15 04:43 PM
Almond Anise Biscotti
Jan 12, 15 12:41 PM
If you like peanut butter cookies, you will love these Peanut Butter Biscotti.
Jan 10, 15 07:24 PM
These decadent Butterscotch Biscotti are made with a bit a extract and lots of butterscotch chips.