Sugar Free Chocolate Hazelnut Biscotti
A friend of mine gave
me this recipe for Sugar Free Chocolate Hazelnut Biscotti. I
haven’t made it yet but she says it is “quite good.” Since it is
sugar-free it is not real sweet but when craving "something
chocolate" this should help!
And the wonderful flavor
of hazelnut pairs well with chocolate. Hazelnuts can be found in most
grocery stores along with the other tree nuts. But, if you can’t find hazelnuts
feel free to substitute whatever you have on hand.
This recipe is not completely sugar free, because it calls for “semi-sweet
mini chocolate chips” because sugar free ones can be difficult to find. If you can find them it would be completely
sugar free, if not it has a very low sugar content, which should be fine,
unless you have a intolerance for sugar
SF CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT BISCOTTI REcipe
- 5 Tbsp butter, melted
- 5 Tbsp splenda (sugar substitute)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 c semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 c hazelnuts, chopped, lightly toasted
- Position one of your oven racks in the center of your oven
and preheat 350°F
- Cover baking sheet with parchment paper or grease
and flour baking sheet, set aside
- In a large bowl mix until combined the melted butter and
Splenda. You can use an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract, mixing everything together.
- In another bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, and
cocoa; add to the liquid ingredients and mix well. Add the chocolate chips and
hazelnuts and blend in.
- Remove the dough from
the bowl and place it on a lightly floured surface. Knead briefly until the
dough comes together.
- Roll it out into a cylinder, 12-inches long and place on the
prepared baking sheet.
- Flatten the dough with the palm of your hand to form a flat
log that is about 2 1/2 inches wide.
- Bake for 18 to 20
minutes, until set.
- Remove from oven and cool until you can handle the log.
When is cool , cut it into 1/2 inch slices and place them back on the baking
sheet about a 1/2 inch apart.
- Return to the oven and bake again for 15 minutes, or until
- Remove from oven, cool completely and store in an air
Questions or Comments?
Like a recipe or something you read? LET US KNOW!
Have a Question don't be shy, ASK US!