Cranberry Biscotti with Almonds
yet another cranberry Biscotti Recipe
This Cranberry Biscotti Recipe makes a cookie that is what
traditional biscotti is “supposed” to taste like. According to Italian
tradition, Biscotti are not supposed to have oils or fats in them and are
supposed to be one of the more nutritious cookies that you can make as a
result. Because there is no butter,
margarine or oil this dough will need to be kneaded for a few minutes, till the
dough moistens and comes together otherwise when they are separated into the
two separate logs, the dough will be a bit crumbly and unmanageable.
Cranberry Almond Biscotti
You can "knead" the cookie dough in the bowl you are working with. You may need to wet your hands to avoid copious amounts of batter sticking to you, but it will make much less mess.
cranberry biscotti recipe 3
one with almonds
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking
- 1/2 teaspoon baking
- 2 egg whites
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup sliced
- 1 cup sweetened-dried
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicon baking
mat and set aside.
- Place one oven rack in the middle of your oven and preheat
oven to 325 degrees F (170 degrees C).
- I a medium bowl combine dry ingredients and whisk to blend
- In another bowl whisk together eggs, egg whites, and vanilla
or almond extract.
- Add egg mixture to dry ingredients, mixing just until moist,
using an electric mixer on medium speed.
- Add dried cranberries and almonds; mix thoroughly.
- Turn out on to floured surface and knead until the dough moistens
and comes together
- Divide batter in half and pat each half into a log
approximately 14 inches long and 1 1/2 inches thick.
- Place on prepared baking sheet, place into the oven and bake
30 minutes or until firm.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes
or until cool enough to handle. Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees F (150
- Transfer to cutting board and cut biscotti on the diagonal
into 1/2-inch slices.
- Place cut biscotti
upright on a cookie sheet, spacing them about an inch apart, return to oven and
bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven
and place on cooling rack,let cool completely and store in a airtight container
to maintain freshness.
Questions or Comments?
Like a recipe or something you read? LET US KNOW!
Have a Question don't be shy, ASK US!