If you love
gingerbread you will love theses Gingerbread Biscotti.
These spicy Italian cookies are the perfect accompaniment for cocoa or coffee during the holiday season! Baking them will fill your home with the scent of gingerbread.
Tips and Tricks for the
ultimate gingerbread biscotti.
- Line cookie sheet with
parchment paper or a Silicone Baking Mat for easy cleanup.
- Use dark molasses, if you
prefer a more intense molasses flavor.
- These really benefit from
- Try them with lemon
drizzle, made with vanilla almond bark and lemon extract.
- If you what a stronger ginger kick try using real ginger, crystallized or fresh.
- Or better yet try Ginger Extract
OliveNation Pure Ginger Extract-4 oz. - $5.95
Gingerbread Biscotti Recipe
- 1/2 cup, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 Eggs
- 3 tablespoons mild molasses
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces vanilla-flavored
candy coating (almond bark), chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Line a baking sheet with
parchment paper or silicon baking mat and set aside.
- Place one oven rack in the
middle of your oven and preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine
butter, sugar, brown sugar, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves, beat at medium
speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed.
- Add eggs; continue beating
until well mixed.
- Add molasses; continue beating until well
- In another bowl, whisk
together flour and baking powder and salt, add to liquid mix and beat at low speed
until well mixed.
- Divide dough in half. Shape
each half into 12-inch log on lightly floured surface.
- Place logs 3 inches apart
onto prepared baking sheet. Flatten logs slightly.
- Place into over and bake
22-25 minutes or until tops are cracked and logs are golden brown.
- Remove from oven; cool 15 minutes on cookie
sheet. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
- Carefully place logs onto
cutting surface. Cut into 1/2-inch diagonal slices with serrated knife.
- Place, cut-side down, onto
ungreased cookie sheets.
- Return to oven. Bake 9
minutes; turn slices. Continue baking 5-7 minutes or until cookies are dry and
crisp. Cool completely.
- Drizzle Directions:
- Place candy coating into
small bowl. Microwave 1 minute; stir. Continue microwaving, stirring every 15
seconds, until melted and smooth. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Place cookies onto waxed
paper; drizzle with melted candy coating. Let set at room temperature until
coating is firm.
- When coating is cool and
hard, store in airtight container to maintain freshness.
If you are looking for a good gingerbread cookie recipe check this on out Gingerbread Cookies
Questions or Comments?
Like a recipe or something you read? LET US KNOW!
Have a Question don't be shy, ASK US!