Gluten Free Almond BiscottI (ez)
This Gluten Free Almond Biscotti is healthy and easy
to make, because the batter is poured into the pan. It is a gluten free version
of almond biscotti recipes elsewhere on this site, but with an EZ twist. Laden with toasted almonds, amaranth flour
and almond meal, this biscotti makes for a fine finish to nice meal. It is also a sturdy packable snack, perfect
for gluten free travel or brown bagging.
This recipe is adapted from a recipe by Donna Washburn and Heather Butt, "Cherry Almond Biscotti" which appears in their cookbook Complete Gluten-Free Cookbook.
To help you make this Gluten Free Almond Biscotti, I have included some HELPFUL TIPS:
- For fresh and convenient almond meal, use a clean electric coffee bean mill to grind your own.
- To toast almonds, evenly spread 1 1/2 cups of whole, unblanched raw almonds on a baking sheet. Toast in preheated oven for about 8-10 minutes. For more on Toasting Nuts Click Here
- Always make sure your work surfaces, utensils, pans and tools are free of gluten. Always read product labels. Manufacturers can change product formulations without notice. When in doubt, do not buy or use a product before contacting the manufacturer for verification that the product is free of gluten.
- If using the 5 ½ x 12 biscotti pan you could easily line with parchment paper, making it easy to pull from pan after first bake (see photo)
Gluten Free Almond Biscotti Recipe (EZ)
- 3/4 cup amaranth flour
- 1/4 cup almond meal (see tips)
- 3 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot starch OR cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon guar gum
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped, toasted almonds (see
- Butter an 8x8 inch baking dish or an 5 ½ x 12
biscotti pan and set aside.
- Place one of your oven racks in the middle of the
oven and preheat to 325°F.
- In a medium bowl combine all dry ingredients except
sugar, using a whisk to thoroughly combine.
- In large mixing bowl, beat eggs and sugar until
blended, using an electric mixer or large whisk.
- Add dry ingredients to eggs and sugar and mix
- Fold in toasted almonds and stir to combine.
- Pour in prepared baking dish and bake for 30-35
minutes, or until just starting to turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven, place on rack and cool for 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan and place on cutting board. Using a sharp knife to divide the biscotti
into 4 equal pieces and then cut each piece into 6 even slices.
- OR if using biscotti pan, remove from pan and
place on cutting board. Cut into ½ inch
- Place biscotti slices on a cookie baking sheet and bake an
additional 15 minutes, or until crisp.
- Remove from oven and place on cooling rack, cool
- Store in an airtight container, to maintain
Questions or Comments?
Like a recipe or something you read? LET US KNOW!
Have a Question don't be shy, ASK US!
Return from Gluten Free Almond Biscotti to: