Jelly Bean Biscotti
Jelly Bean Biscotti is a firm favorite with jelly
bean lovers. I am sure kids will become
your best friend on account of this recipe. I found this recipe last year when
was searching for an Easter Treat.
But if you think about it this Biscotti is an ideal, FUN, "ANY HOLIDAY", cookie. They are full of sweet colored polka dots
that can be tailored to fit the day. Choose red and green jelly beans for
Christmas or black and orange for Halloween, yellow, green, pink and blue for
Easter, and every color for the 4th of July. You'll find that they are enjoyable any time
of the year.
These are fun to make! Particularly if you have a
young neighbors or family member who will appreciate these little darlings.
the there is a tendency for the bottom stick to the pan and pull way the
bottom, so parchment paper or a silicon baking mat will make the job easier and
keep your pan cleaner.
I haven’t tried it yet, but maybe licorice flavored
in Anise Biscotti?
Jelly Bean Biscotti Recipe
- 13 ounces jelly beans (can be more or less
according to taste)
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar (can be more or less or
left out completely)
- Place one oven rack in the middle of your oven and
preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicon
baking mat and set aside,
- In a medium bowl add the butter and sugar and
cream them together on medium speed until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- Add 1 egg and beat to incorporate, add 2nd egg and
incorporate then add 3rd egg and incorporate (4th egg is used later).
- Beat in the vanilla then add the baking powder,
salt and flour, beating on low speed until fully incorporated - you do not want
to mix too long. The dough will be very
soft and sticky.
- Blend in the jelly beans.
- Scrape the dough out of the bowl onto a floured
surface. Sprinkle flour on top of the dough and cut in half.
- Roll one half into a log - pick it up and place it
on a cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicon mat and flatten to about ½ in
thick. Repeat with the second half.
- Next beat one egg in a bowl and using a brush - brush
them all over to coat them evenly.
- Place in your preheated oven for about 25 minutes
or until they are slightly golden brown.
- Remove them from the oven and let cool for 10-20
minutes or until they are cool enough for you to handle.
- Place them on a breadboard and slice them
crosswise on the diagonal into about 3/4 inch slices.
- Put them back on the cookie sheet and bake for
another 10-12 minutes until the edges are turn slightly brown.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to wire rack to
cool dust or roll in powdered sugar (if desired)
Order your jelly beans now and start making a JELLY BEAN BISCOTTI that your kids will love!!
Questions or Comments?
Like a recipe or something you read? LET US KNOW!
Have a Question don't be shy, ASK US!