These pumpkin biscotti are crunchy cookies, perfect with a hot cup of coffee on Chi tea on a cold November night...... or day for that matter! Spiced with cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves they will remind you of pumpkin pie. They are and excelent additon to the Thanksgiving Dinner desert ensemble.
This recipe is flexible and welcomes the addition of toasted pecans or dried cranberries.
Or..... if you want to be indulgent, drizzle with a bit of white or dark chocolate.
If you don’t have all the spices on hand, but have pumpkin pie spice, substitute about a teaspoon and a half.
6. Flour your hands and a clean kitchen surface and briefly knead the dough, until it comes together
7. Form the dough into a large log, roughly about 15-20 inches by 6-7 inches. The loaves should be relatively flat, only about 1/2 inch high.
8. Place on baking sheet and place in oven for 22-30 minutes, until the center is firm to the touch.
9. You could also form two smaller logs for delightful “two-bite” biscotti; just cut the baking time to 18- 24 minutes.)
10. Remove from oven and let biscotti cool for 15 minutes, urn the oven down to 300 F
11. Using a serrated knife cut into 1 inch wide pieces, place on baking sheet and return to oven, baking for an additional 15- 20 minutes.
12. Remove from oven and cool completely.
13. Biscotti may be still a tad moist and chewy, because of the pumpkin. If you prefer it crisp, turn off the oven and leave biscotti sit overnight.
Serve and enjoy.
TIP FOR MAKING THE BEST PUMPKIN BISCOTTI
Before using your herbs and spices, use your senses to determine freshness.
As a general rule, ground spices that are older than six months should be replaced.
If you enjoy baking and want to make the best you need to use the finest ingredients you can afford. Spices, like other ingredients, price often equals quality, so buy the best you can afford.
I buy a lot of my herbs and spices on line, because the quality is superior to store bought.
One of my favorite herb and spice providers is the Olive Nation. To check them out click here.
Like a recipe or something you read? LET US KNOW!
Have a Question don't be shy, ASK US!
Jan 12, 15 04:43 PM
Almond Anise Biscotti
Jan 12, 15 12:41 PM
If you like peanut butter cookies, you will love these Peanut Butter Biscotti.
Jan 10, 15 07:24 PM
These decadent Butterscotch Biscotti are made with a bit a extract and lots of butterscotch chips.