Sugar Free Walnut Biscotti
Sugar Free Walnut
Biscotti combines walnuts, coconut and chopped dates to make a delightful,
healthy sugar free cookie. Since it is
sugar-free it is not real sweet but when craving "nutty and fruity" this
should fill the bill!
The wonderful flavor of walnut pairs well with dates
and the coconut add a subtle sophisticate flavor. We will only be using the
all-natural agave nectar in these sugar free biscotti. But it is a treat that you
will want to make over and over again!
These Walnut Biscotti are not only good with a hot
cup of coffee or tea, but they make an outstanding homemade Christmas gift or
anytime gift. I made these as gifts for
some of my diabetic friends. They were a hit and I ended up giving out the
recipe to almost everyone who received them! So this recipe goes in my box of
Christmas gift ideas.!
Sugar Free Walnut Biscotti Recipe
- 1 cup of Agave Nectar
- 3 eggs
- 2 and 1/2 tablespoons of melted butter/margarine
- 1 tablespoon of orange zest
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla
- 1 tablespoon of almond extract
- 2 1/4 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1/2 a cup of coconut
- 1/2 a cup of chopped dates
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper, and set
- Place one oven rack in the center of your oven and
preheat oven to 350F.
- I n a large bowl beat eggs and Agave Nectar until
thick. Whisk in butter, zest, vanilla
and almond extract and mix.
- In another bowl sift together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mix and mix until
just blended. Add chopped dates, walnuts, and coconut and mix thoroughly.
- Turn on to floured surface and kneed briefly.
- Split the dough in half and shape into 2 logs, and
flatten until about, 10x4 inches.
- Place logs on prepared baking sheet, reshape if
- Place into oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes or until you can handle the
- Move to cutting board and slice on diagonal into
1/2 inch slices, using a serrated knife.
- Place biscotti slices back on the baking sheet and
return to oven. Bake for 10 minutes turning over halfway thought the bake.
Remove from oven, transfer to wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- Store in
air tight container to maintain freshness.
Questions or Comments?
Like a recipe or something you read? LET US KNOW!
Have a Question don't be shy, ASK US!