Valentine’s Day Biscotti
a Valentine Recipe you'll love
This is a delectable valentine recipe. It is customary to send cards, flowers, chocolates and other gifts on Valentine’s Day, which for you "guy’s" is always February 14th.
It is also a day for which many search for recipes on the internet for a special dinner to share with someone they love.
What could be better and more unique that a valentine dinner that ended with Biscotti, designed for Valentine’s Day, served with a hot cappuccino or espresso?
This recipe combines cinnamon candy hearts and white chocolate. The bitty red heart candies are the perfect way to say, "You set my heart afire!"
Or, does it really mean, "I know you like spicy cinnamon treats. Have some spicy cinnamon treats."
While the white chocolate, says you melt my heart, my delectable sweety.
Well this Valentine recipe tastes very good just the same. So enjoy!
Valentine’s Day Biscotti
surprise you loved one with this valentine recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) cold unsalted butter, cut into small
- 3 whole large eggs
- 1/3 cup of whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Red Cinnamon Hearts
- 8 oz. white chocolate for dipping
- Red powdered food coloring
- Position one of your oven racks in the center of your oven.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a
nonstick baking liner and set aside.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a
bow. Then blend in butter with a pastry blender or your fingertips until
mixture resembles coarse meal.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla .and milk.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry mix, stirring with a fork
until a dough starts to form, add cinnamon hearts and knead until it comes together.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for 1 hour, or until ready to bake.
- Remove from refrigerator and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Divide the dough in half and form into a 12 by 2 1/2-inch log and place on diagonal on baking sheet about 4 inches apart. The dough will be sticky so spreading with damp hands if necessary. These spread wider than most biscotti because of the melting of the cinnamon hearts
- Place the baking sheet on the center rack of your oven and
bake for about 25 minutes.
- Cool on baking sheet placed on a cooling rack for 30 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 275°F while logs cool.
- Carefully transfer baked logs to a cutting board. Using a
serrated knife, cut the logs on a slight diagonal into 1/2-inch thick slices.
Place back on cookie sheets, in upright position and return to oven and bake
for an additional 30 minutes until they are crisp
from oven and cool completely on wire racks.
white chocolate in microwave or double boiler, add a few drop of red food
coloring and mix till even pink color.
bottom side of Biscotti in chocolate and place on waxed paper.
completely and store in air tight container to keep fresh.
Careful don't eat all of this special
Valentine Recipe before you can share it with someone you adore.
Questions or Comments?
Like a recipe or something you read? LET US KNOW!
Have a Question don't be shy, ASK US!
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.