Brownie Biscotti with Walnuts
"Brownie Biscotti with Walnuts". No collection of Chocolate Biscotti wouldn be complete
without these. This delectable combination of chocolate
and walnuts recipe, will remind you of the brownies your mom use to make. They have nice crunchy texture and chocolaty
flavor. The addition of a white
chocolate dip is reminiscent of frosted brownies .
Even though brownies are the most popular type of bar cookies "bar none"; no pun intended. These Biscotti will become a favorite of your family. They are sure to satisfy anybodies craving for chocolate and nuts. The rich chocolate flavor with pare well with a glass of milk or a hot cappuccino. So make them soon!
BROWNIE BISCOTTI WITH WALNUTS Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 4- 6 oz. white chocolate
- Position one of your oven racks in the
center of your oven. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with
parchment paper or a nonstick baking liner and set aside.
- In a bowl sift or wisk together flour,
sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another large bowl beat butter, eggs and
vanilla. After well beaten gradually mix in, by hand the flour mixture. Add the nuts and mix until incorporated.
- After mixing, scrape the dough out onto a
lightly floured work surface and BRIEFLY knead it just until it comes together
and the divide it in half. Shape each half into 12 x 3 inch logs and carefully
transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet on the center rack
of your oven and bake for about 30 minutes, or until the logs are firm to the
- Place the baking sheet on a wire rack and
allow the logs to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Using a serrated knife, cut the logs on a
slight diagonal into 1/2-inch thick slices.
Place back on cookie sheets, return to oven and bake for an additional
20 minutes until they are crisp.
- Remove from baking sheet and place on a
wire rack and allow cool completely.
- When ready to serve gently melt white
chocolate and drizzle over the biscotti and allow to chocolate to harden.
- Store cookies in one layer in air tight
For more on melting chocolate Click Here
Questions or Comments?
Like a recipe or something you read? LET US KNOW!
Have a Question don't be shy, ASK US!
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.