Easy Almond Biscotti
I assure you, these Easy Almond Biscotti are a fragrant homemade version that is nothing like their commercial counterparts.
These Biscotti are perfect - crunchy but not hard as rocks, yet sturdy enough to dunk in your morning tea or coffee.
They are an easy to make, tasty not too sweet treat that will leave you feeling satisfied morning, noon,
or night. This recipe is easiest to make if you have a KitchenAid or other stand type mixer.
Tips for using a stand mixer and converting recipes
Alternatively, you can use a manual whisk and wooden spoon and give yourself a little workout!
You can play around with and customize this recipe too. Adding dried fruit, spices, or citrus zest. Just be reminded that the more you add the more difficult it becomes to handle.
But don’t let that deter you! Check out all the tips and tricks in the Making Biscotti and Biscotti Baking Tips sections.
Easy Almond Biscotti Recipe
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 c slivered almonds, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- Position one of your oven racks in the center of
your oven and preheat to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
or a nonstick baking liner and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, almonds,
baking soda, sugar and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine and bend the vanilla,
almond extract, eggs and egg white.
- Add to flour mixture to the egg mixture, stirring until well blended. The dough will be dry so turn it out onto a lightly floured surface, and
knead for a count of 10.
- Shape dough into two 12 inch long rolls. Place
rolls on prepared baking sheet and flatten to 3/4 inch thickness.
- Place the baking sheet on the center rack of your
oven and bake for about 30 minutes, or until the logs are firm to the touch.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack
for about 10 minutes. While the logs are cooling reduce oven to 325 degrees F.
- Transfer logs to a cutting board and cut on diagonally
into 1/2 in. slices. Place cut sides
down on unlined baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes, turn cookies over and bake an
additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place biscotti on cooling rack, cool completely.
- Place biscotti in an airtight container to maintain freshness.
Questions or Comments?
Like a recipe or something you read? LET US KNOW!
Have a Question don't be shy, ASK US!