Easy Chocolate Almond Cake Mix Biscotti
Chocolate Almond Cake Biscotti is a perfect biscotti made with a cake mix. It's a great way to use up some of those
extra mixes you have lying around.
Chocolate Biscotti is the number one sought after Biscotti cookie and without a doubt destined to be an American favorite. With a box of chocolate cake mix and a
few simple ingredients, you're just minutes away from the irresistible aroma and
flavor of fresh from the oven home baked Chocolate Almond Biscotti.
Yes, that's right. The secret ingredient to this Easy Chocolate Almond Biscotti is a standard 18.25-ounce box
of cake mix.
A cake mix saves you from having to mix and measure all the
dry ingredients (flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda) found in most biscotti
With a box of cake mix and a great recipe for easy chocolate almond biscotti, you are on your way to being a expert baker in just minutes!
- 1 (18 ounce) package chocolate cake mix (I use Duncan Hines)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 5 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup slivered almond
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chip
- Position one of your oven racks in the center
of your oven and preheat oven to 350° F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment
paper or a non-stick baking liner and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the dry cake mix with the flour, melted butter, chocolate syrup, eggs, and both extracts. Use an
electric mixer on a low speed and beat until well combined.
- Stir in the almonds and mini
chocolate chips by hand.
- Divide the dough in half, then place halves
on prepared baking sheets. Shape each
into roughly a 12 x 2-inch log. Flatten slightly.
- Place the baking sheet on the center rack of
your oven and bake for about 30-35 minutes, or until the logs are firm to the
- Cool for 10-15 minutes on the baking sheet
and move to your cutting board.
- Using a serrated knife slice diagonally into
about 1/2 to 3/4-inch slices.
- Turn the cut side down on baking sheet and bake about
10-15 minutes or until firm, turning them over halfway through the bake.
- Remove from oven and transfer biscotti to a wire rack to cool.
- Store in airtight container to maintain freshness.
Questions or Comments?
Like a recipe or something you read? LET US KNOW!
Have a Question don't be shy, ASK US!
Return from Easy Chocolate Almond Cake
Mix Biscotti to: