free Cranberry Almond Biscotti
I love these sugar free Cranberry Almond
Biscotti. Chock full of nuts and dried
cranberries, they’re like and explosion of fruit & nut delight. And to make it even better they are sugar
free so I can eat more.
The “cup for cup” sugar substitute (like Splenda)
for sugar does not contain any sugar, so the only carbohydrate you get comes from
the dried berries, nuts and flour.
These substitutes are made from Sucralose which is 600 times sweeter than granulated sugar.
Recipes made with this product tend to bake faster and don’t show the usual
browning so you may need to check for doneness sooner than the recipe
For sugar-free they are very good. But they were a
little sweet for me... but I am not that used to artificial sweeteners. So I reduced
the sugar substitute, the second time I baked them, from 2 cups to 1 ½ cups and
they turned out great! If you like a
sweeter cookie then feel free to increase the sugar substitute.
Sugar Free Cranberry Almond Biscotti Recipe
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups of “cup for cup” measurable sugar
- 4 teaspoons almond extract
- 3 3/4 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped/slivered/sliced almonds
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set
- Place one of your oven racks in the center of your
oven and preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Beat eggs, egg whites, sugar subsitute and almond extract
- In another bowl mix flour, baking powder, baking
soda and salt until well blended.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and mix
until just blended. Add cranberries and
almonds and mix until incorporated.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and kneed briefly. This will be a sticky batter, if you have trouble handling, place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Divide dough in two, role each half into a log
12-14inches long. Place on prepared
baking sheet and flatten to about ¾ inches thick, keeping about 3 inches apart.
- Place pan in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or
until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and let cool on cookie sheet for
10 minutes or until cool enough to handle.
Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees F.
- Move logs to cutting board and slice on diagonal
about ½ inch thick with serrated knife.
- Place slices back on the baking sheet, standing
each slice up on bottom
- Return to oven and and bake at l 25- 30 minutes. Watching so they don't overbrown.
- Remove from oven and transfer to cooling rack,
- Store in airtight container, to preserve freshness.
Questions or Comments?
Like a recipe or something you read? LET US KNOW!
Have a Question don't be shy, ASK US!
Return from Sugar Free Cranberry Almond Biscotti to: