Easter Egg Biscotti
These Easter Egg Biscotti are baked with some of the traditional symbols and colors that remind us of the Easter Celebration and the coming of spring.
Easter the most
important and oldest celebration of the Christian Church, rejoicing in the
resurrection of Jesus Christ, is held (in the Western Church) between March 21
and April 25, on the first Sunday after the first full moon following the
northern spring equinox.
To common man, Easter means winter is gone; it's time to
welcome spring. The day will be a
welcome change in your wardrobe, where you can pull out all your colorful
attire and flower printed accessories to welcome the spring sun. Easter is time
to shun winter blues and pack away your mittens and jumpers. In more literal
terms Easter means that sad days post Christmas are behind us and it’s time to
rejoice and go on Easter egg hunt, or bake some fine Easter cookies to share with friends.
These Easter Egg Biscotti are bit more work than some other recipes, but they could be a fun spring tradition.
Easter Egg Biscotti Recipe
- 2 cups
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/2 stick cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 whole large
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 1/2 cups M&M
Bunny Mix with almonds (looks like colored eggs)
- 2 cups of
shredded coconut, died green (like basket grass) see how to below.
- 6 ounces of white chocolate
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick baking
liner and set aside.
- Position one of your oven racks in the center of your oven.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor, place flour and butter, pulse until the
flour resembles coarse meal, then transfer to a bowl
- Whisk in the sugar, baking powder, and salt
- In another bowl, whisk together the whole eggs and
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture, mix with a spoon until
a soft dough forms, and then knead in the M&M’s with almonds
- Divide dough into two equal portions, and then transfer one to the
baking sheet and form into a 12- by 2 1/2-inch log on 1 side of
baking sheet, spreading dough with wet hands if necessary.
- Make another log with remaining dough, arranging it 3-4
inches from first log.
- Place the baking sheet on the center rack of your oven and bake
for about 20-25 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Cool on baking sheet placed on a cooling rack for 20 minutes. Reduce
oven temperature to 300°F while logs cool.
- Carefully transfer baked logs to a cutting board. Using a
serrated knife, cut the logs on a slight diagonal into 1/2-inch thick slices.
Place back on cookie sheets, in upright position and return to oven and bake
for an additional 30 minutes until they are crisp.
- Remove from oven and transfer biscotti to wire rack to cool.
- When biscotti are cool, place green shredded coconut on a plate.
- Melt the white chocolate in a double boiler or in a microwave
safe dish in the microwave.
15. Dip the bottom of the biscotti in the melted white chocolate and then into the green coconut, and place on waxed paper to cool.
16. Place the fine Ester cookies in an airtight container to maintain freshness.
How to color shredded coconut
for Easter Egg Biscotti
- 1 cup sweetened, shredded coconut
- 1 to 2 tsp. liquid food coloring
- Pour 1 cup of coconut flakes into a medium-sized glass bowl.
A glass bowl will not stain when the dye is added.
- Squirt two drops of liquid food coloring into the bowl. Work
the dye into the flakes using your wooden spoon. Move the coconut back and
forth in the center of the bowl, then in small circles. Add a few drop of water if necessary.
- Add one or two more drops of color for a more intense color.
Continue to work the coconut around the bowl.
- Tear a piece of wax paper from the roll. The piece should be
long enough to cover the baking pan.
- Spread the coconut on the paper-covered pan to allow for
quicker drying. Allow coconut flakes to dry for 2 to 3 minutes before using
them in your recipe.
- Dip your Easter egg biscotti in melted white chocolate, dip in coconut.
Questions or Comments?
Like a recipe or something you read? LET US KNOW!
Have a Question don't be shy, ASK US!