Brownie Biscotti with Almonds
Daintily drizzled with white chocolate, these eye-catching Brownie Biscotti with Almonds are loaded with chocolate chips and crunchy almonds making it a delectable delight.
Simple chocolate brownies were one of the first things I
learned to bake. Back then, not more than
eleven years old, using a box mix, I
quickly mastered turning out the perfect fudgy treats every time.
While there's nothing terribly wrong with the brownies made from a box, they don’t compare to Chocolate Biscotti made from scratch, even if it is a bit more effort.
Brownie biscotti with almonds recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup unblanched almonds, toasted and
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening
- Position one of your oven racks in the center of your oven.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a
nonstick baking liner and set aside
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, combine the butter,
eggs and vanilla until well blended.
- In another bowl sift or whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa,
baking powder and baking soda.
- Gradually add to butter mixture just until combined (dough
will be crumbly).
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; knead in almonds
and chocolate chips. Divide dough in half.
- On prepared baking sheet, shape each portion into a 12-in. x
3-in. log, leaving 3 in. between the logs.
- Place the baking sheet on the center rack of your oven and
bake for 30-35 minutes or until set and tops are cracked.
- Place the baking sheet on a wire rack and allow the logs to
cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Carefully transfer to a cutting board. Using a serrated
knife, cut the logs on a slight diagonal into 1/2-inch thick slices.
- Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for
20-25 minutes or until firm and dry.
- Remove from baking sheet and place on a wire rack and allow
- In a microwave,
melt vanilla chips and shortening at 70% power for 1 minute, stir.
at additional 10 to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Place in plastic bag, snip corner and drizzle over Biscotti.
- When cool store Brownie Biscotti with Almonds in an air tight container at room temperature.
- For longer storage, place container in freezer.
Originally published as Brownie Biscotti
in, Taste of Home December/January 2008
Questions or Comments?
Like a recipe or something you read? LET US KNOW!
Have a Question don't be shy, ASK US!
Back from Brownie Biscotti with Almonds to: